Anticipation killed the cat, or something like that. Well, after have the Fitbit One for about 3 weeks I am ready to test another type of fitness tracker. The two I am dying to test are the Basis B1 and the Amiigo Fitness Tracker. The Fitbit One is great, and I am getting ready to do a full review of it as a Fitness monitor, but I have to be honest, having a pedometer, altimeter and sleep tracker is not what I think will revolutionize healthcare.
The Basis B1 is cool because it actually tracks a couple vital signs; heart rate and skin temperature. Now the temperature is not a core temperature but at least it is a start. I am really excited by the constant heart rate monitoring without a chest strap. Unfortunately, when I click on the Buy it now link I am redirected to a blank field to put in my email and wait for an invitation to buy.
The Amiigo Tracker is cool because it tracks other movements other than walking, biking etc. The Amiigo tracks heart rate but also can tell if you are lifting weights, what lift you are doing and how many reps you are doing. If you are playing tennis or golf and how many swings you are attempting.
For now I will have to content myself to the simple trackers but, I look forward to the opportunity to test something that I see as being much more transformative.
No comments:
Post a Comment