Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Beginning

Every movement forward, every action that makes a difference, there is a begining.  This is my beginnning of blogging, and hopefully helping people be a little healthier and more aware of the devices and services used to track our bodies.  I named the blog Body Tracker as this blog will be focused on the fitness and health trackers that are currently flooding the market and have the potential to flood the world with better health if only we will use them.  For years now the experts have been talking about a future when our doctor can know our every heartbeat, our every breath and our every exercise.  Well... that future is closer than many think.

I personally think it is exciting, not so doctors can know more about you, but so they can see you less.  In a time when health care costs continue to rise, I see this emerging technology as one of the keys to empower patients to take control of and understand their own health.  I also see this as a way that through the right algorithms and software doctors and patients can detect problems before they become emergencies and the patient ends up seeing me at work.

I hope you will join me frequently as I discuss different tracking technology, how it can be used, how it can be applied and how to be healthier.  I will test many of these devices myself.  I don't want to just give you a list of devices and their technical specifications, but try and give you a real feel for how they work and which one may help you do your own Body Tracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment